Monday, May 30, 2011

The Final Post


This has probably been one of the most busiest classes I have had all semester. However, while there was a lot of work involved, I ended up enjoying a great deal of the class. I have read over 1000 pages this semester, more than any semester of my high school career. Before this class I really wouldn't read anything outside of school unless it was completely necessary. I didn't find reading enjoying at all, it was more like a chore. However after reading again frequently in the class I realized that reading isn't all that boring. It's a great way to pass time when you're bored, and you get a really neat story out of it too. Most of the books I read were literary fiction, as I enjoy this type of genre the best. It wasn't too hard to find books that I'm interested in because I'm always willing to try something new and give it a chance. I usually read in complete silence in my bedroom, away from most other distractions. I don't think I could concentrate enough to read next to the computer or with my phone. I never had the urge to discuss books with anyone though. I always had a feeling they haven't read the book and don't know what I would be talking about. I have found I still like pretty much the same types of novels as I did before this class. I don't think I can change what I have grown up liking. There is a much higher chance of me reading independently during the summer, especially during long road trips with nothing to do. Before this class I hated poetry and I couldn't understand it at all. I really enjoy how the class was taught in way where you could read a poem and analyze it for what you thought it meant, there wasn't a right answer. This freedom let me really embrace poetry. I also learned a lot about how to write effectively about poetry, and I will be sure to use this skill in many future classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment