Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Highschool Senior Response

1)I relate most to the guy who wants to be a doctor. Ive always wanted to be a doctor since I was a child. I think the most interesting and must diluted at the same time is the Marijuana Baker. This seems so crazy because it seems so far fetched, yet he seems genuine in his goal to help others.

In 10 years I find myself doing a residency program for some type of doctor. I'm not sure what type of doctor I am going to be. In the next 4 years I will have finished college, and in 4 years after that I will have finished Medical School (hopefully). In medical school I plan on finally choosing what type of sub specialty I would be interesting in working. It seems so far yet it seems so close at the same time.

2) I have just read the article about the 21 year old poker kid who has won millions of dollars in online poker. This is quite an amazing feat. He listed a few reasons as to perhaps why he had such an upper hand compared to the older players. I agree with everyone of them. One of his claims were that younger individuals had access to video games which required quick on the go thinking, such as counterstrike and Call of Duty. These types of games require quick reflexes and a specific type of thought process. When these children are exposed to this process as such a young age, they have a lot of experience with it and are growing up with it. I also noticed that he didn't treat money for what it was. He described it as a "point system" in which he was only trying to get the most points. He didn't really relate the money that he was playing for with actual money. The other thing that I thought really helped him was that he is "not very materialistic". This means that of all the money he has made, he has more of it to use on poker. While the risks may be bigger, he seems to know what he is doing and will make more money. Since he is so young, he does not have a family or other major expenses to worry about. He has a larger amount of money to lose before he is truly in trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment